Donate to the Project!
One-Time Donation via PayPal
Search the Website
Subscribe via EmailEnter your email address in order to subscribe to new posts!
- Homesteading with a Shipping Container, Part 9: Installing the Simple Pump
- Homesteading with a Shipping Container – Part 8, The Carport
- Homesteading with a Shipping Container House, Part 7 – Questions and Updates
- Homesteading with a Shipping Container House – Part 6, The Foundation
- Homesteading with a Shipping Container House – Part 5, The Theft
- Homesteading with a Shipping Container House – Parts 3 & 4, The Failed Cabin
Tag Archives: Tiny House
Should we encounter a prolonged grid-down event, or EMP, this pump will continue delivering water as long as I can pump the handle! The Simple Pump can also be motorized with an easy to attach 12v motor in order to take advantage of alternative power supplies, such as solar and wind! Continue reading
June, 2010 – Feb, 2011 A lot has happened since my last entry about the shipping container project. Almost 9 months, to be exact. When I last wrote about the project, it was still a field. I had cleared some … Continue reading
Years ago, I saw a picture of a shipping container house. I knew right then that I wanted to build one myself. Shipping containers are roughly 40 feet long and 8 feet wide, with the smaller conex being 20 feet long. Continue reading